Effective June 7, 2021, face masks are not required to be worn outdoors on school grounds, including during outdoor school sports. However, Responsible Parties may choose to require face masks outdoors on school grounds, subject to the parameters of this guidance. No student, teacher, staff member, or visitor may be prevented from wearing an acceptable face mask voluntarily on school grounds. Learn more through this link.
Federal nutrition assistance programs can help you get the food you need to feed your family. We can help you learn more and apply for programs you may be eligible for. All our services are free and confidential.
This website has a zipcode locator for food assistance near you.
Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the COVID-19 Outbreak
This Q & A document outlines states' responsibilities to infants, toddlers, and children with disabilities and their families, and to the staff serving these children.
(US Department of Education)
Pediatricians say families should get outside, but avoid playgrounds because they encourage children to play closely together.
(NPR - Elizabeth Blair - Morning Edition)
Dr. Stroud has provided this informational video for parents in order to support caregivers in managing the emotional responses and developmental needs of their children during this crisis. Dr. Stroud provides parents with information and skills to support their children's emotional health, mental well-being and build necessary skills of resilience.
Self-care is not selfish or indulgent - it's how we keep ourselves well to ensure we are physically, emotionally, and mentally capable of being there for our young children.
(ZERO to THREE)
For the latest information and resources around COVID-19, please visit the NYS Department of Health website and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Coronavirus (COVID-19) website. This page is available in multiple languages and includes guidance for COVID-19.
- Sign up for e-mail updates for New York State with critical information on the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Visit the CDC's Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) web page. This page is available in Spanish and Chinese.
- COVID-19 Fact Sheets for Tribes and Urban Indian Communities. (Published by UIHI).
- Guidance for School Settings (Compiled by the CDC National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases - NCIRD).
- Taking Care of Youth Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak (Published by the HHS Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - SAMHSA).
- Rural Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - (Compiled by the Rural Health Information Hub).