(or when stuck at home on a rainy day)
(John R. Oishei Children's Hospital)
Along with food and community resources for Western New York, this document contains autistic-specific resources about handwashing and staying home; relaxation and emotional wellness; physical fitness; staying connected with friends, family and community; educational resources and just for fun activities and other helpful information.
Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the COVID-19 Outbreak
This Q & A document outlines states' responsibilities to infants, toddlers, and children with disabilities and their families, and to the staff serving these children.
(US Department of Education)
Resources for Special Education, Crisis & Mental Health, and Families & Educators
The National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) is committed to providing the public with information, guidelines and resources to help support the learning and well-being of students, their families and others in the school community during the COVID-19 crisis. In addition to the COVID-19 Resource Center, NASP also created a Parent Resource: Talking to Children About COVID-19.
(The National Association of School Psychologists - NASP)
Pediatricians say families should get outside, but avoid playgrounds because they encourage children to play closely together.
(NPR - Elizabeth Blair - Morning Edition)
Dr. Stroud has provided this informational video for parents in order to support caregivers in managing the emotional responses and developmental needs of their children during this crisis. Dr. Stroud provides parents with information and skills to support their children's emotional health, mental well-being and build necessary skills of resilience.
Self-care is not selfish or indulgent - it's how we keep ourselves well to ensure we are physically, emotionally, and mentally capable of being there for our young children.
(ZERO to THREE)
COVID-19 News and Resources
For the latest information and resources around COVID-19, please visit the NYS Department of Health website and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Coronavirus (COVID-19) website, which includes helpful resources in multiple languages and guidance on addressing stigma around COVID-19.
- Sign up for e-mail updates for New York State with critical information on the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Visit the CDC's Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) web page. This page is available in Spanish and Chinese.
- COVID-19 Fact Sheets for Tribes and Urban Indian Communities. (Published by UIHI).
- Guidance for School Settings (Compiled by the CDC National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases - NCIRD).
- Taking Care of Youth Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak (Published by the HHS Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - SAMHSA).
- Rural Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - (Compiled by the Rural Health Information Hub).